It's not easy being evil ... especially when you have some morals

It's not easy being evil ... especially when you have some morals
Part mom stuff, part snark and sarcasm. Part relationships. Part random bullshit. Often unintentionally funny. I write stuff, sometimes people actually read it. It's not easy being evil ... especially when you have some morals

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Boys apparently find it impossible to aim INTO a toilet. Surprise.




Today, my friends, we are talking about pee.  Specifically, the tiny one’s inability to effectively convey said pee from his body to the toilet.  The Minion, it seems, has very shitty aim.

Okay, that’s not exactly true.  The kid has a surprising trajectory and range, given the right circumstances.  Put him outside with a target, and the kid could hit a bull’s-eye from a good ten feet.  He’s like that carnival game where you shoot the water gun at the target to inflate the balloon.  It’s impressive.  But, give him a toilet a mere foot away, and all bets are off.

Add to the fact that this same child, who can sit for HOURS and build with Legos, apparently enters the bathroom and suddenly develops the attention span of a housefly with ADHD.  He’s looking around everywhere.  And naturally, where his eyes go, the penis follows.  So that means the pee follows.  Suddenly I have some sort of demented Water Wiggler situation in my bathroom.  No wonder it always smells like a gas station men’s room.

Just the other morning, I walked into the bathroom to something so incredible, I thought I was seeing things. 

Now, keep in mind, the total width of the bathroom is maybe 6 feet.  And once you add in the toilet sticking out, there’s probably only 3.5 feet of actual space between the wall and the toilet. Still. 

I walked in to find The Minion, casually leaning against the wall, peeing into the toilet.  The toilet on the opposite wall.  Over the distance of that 3.5 feet.  With terrible inaccuracy.  Pee was going all over the place.  And he did not give a shit.

Now, I realize he was sick and didn’t feel well.  But damn, dude.  No wonder I can’t ever get rid of the pee smell.  I screeched at him to pee INTO the toilet.  And, as a natural response, he looked AT me to whine that he KNEW that.  And, as it always happens, when he looked at me, the penis followed.  So now, not only do I have pee all over the toilet – and wall – but also on ME.  It was a moment.  And not a good one.  He starts crying.  I try to calmly remind him that we pee INTO the toilet, not around, beside, above or below it.  More crying.  I send him shuffling out and spend a good ten minutes scrubbing the area.  Gagging was involved.

So now I am THAT mom.  The mom that follows the kid to the bathroom to supervise and remind him to aim at the actual toilet.  Repeatedly.  And then remind him to aim down, he does not need to look at me.  This is followed by the caveat that I know we generally make eye contact when communicating.  But when we are in the bathroom and I tell him to not look at me, for the love of all that is holy, keep your eyes on the toilet. 

And this inevitably ends up with him saying that he can look around and not pee everywhere.  Then he tries to demonstrate.  And then we have pee everywhere again.  It’s like Groundhog Day, the Urine Version.

I am dreading the teenage years.  Though I am hoping that his aim will improve somewhat.  His father seems capable of hitting the bowl, so there’s hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment