It's not easy being evil ... especially when you have some morals

It's not easy being evil ... especially when you have some morals
Part mom stuff, part snark and sarcasm. Part relationships. Part random bullshit. Often unintentionally funny. I write stuff, sometimes people actually read it. It's not easy being evil ... especially when you have some morals

Monday, January 27, 2014

yep, liberal roots still showing. other than that, there's stuff. some might even be interesting to others

Now that I am all on FB and being fancy, I feel pressure to write something amusing, to entertain the Internets.

And I am failing miserably.  I have nothing to say.  Total blank.  This does not please me.

I could go all political and launch another tirade about legalizing pot or same sex marriage or stupid wingnut politicians ... been there, done that.  It's pretty safe to say, you know my stance.  Just to clarify though:

Legalize and tax that shit = solving debt problems, support munchie food production.  Also, pretty sure alcohol causes much more damage daily, and it's still legal, so get over it already.

If gay people are ruining the sanctity of marriage, then I fully expect no more divorces, ever.  No cheating scandals.  No domestic violence.  Nothing but marital freaking bliss around the globe.  Because people are shitty everywhere.  Marriages are trashed daily.  Man, woman, doesn't matter.  Love is love and all that crap.  Also, since a lot of the people that were around when the Bible was written had multiple wives and slaves and shit, I really don't think you can go with that whole "one man and one woman" nonsense.

And let's not get me started on politics.  Just thinking of it makes my eye twitch.  Separation of church and state.  and I will leave it at that.

So, yeah.  That's me. Still the same.  Imagine that.

I am trying to be more healthy and work exercise back into my life.  My clothes just keep getting smaller and at this rate I will be forced to just go buy bolts of fabric and drape it around me like some sort of mu-mu if I don't get more proactive.

It's been over a year that our house has been dog free.  I miss those little buggers like you can't believe.  But it has been so nice, after 15 years, to have freedom to go and do - and not have to worry about rushing home to take care of a pet.  I want a critter.  The Minion wants a critter.  Even POF wants a critter.  But with our work schedules right now, it just wouldn't be fair.  I can't bring a new pet into our family and leave it alone for 10-12 hours a day.  It's just not right.  So, for now, no pets.  I am both sad and relieved.

My mother is having her house remodeled.  She told me in passing, several weeks ago, that she dreamed that after her work was done, she just sent the contractor down and had him do mine.  Oh, if only.  Now, it's in my head.  I find myself regularly making mental lists of all the things I would do if I could.  The most important, the must haves, the wishful thinking.  And now, after years of not being able to imagine it at all, I can see it.  I can see the vision clearly in my head of what I would have, what I would want.  And it is killing me.  Because it's not going to happen.  At least not anytime soon. 

We are still trying to get ourselves back on track.  Pay off bills and dig ourselves out of credit card and student load debt.  A remodel is not in the cards.  I want it.  Desperately.  But the fact is, if someone handed me $50k tomorrow and said, "Go! Remodel!".  I would probably take that money and turn it right around and pay off the credit card and student loans.  And then, with the little bit that was left, I would pay a chunk of the principal on our existing mortgage.  Cause I am crazy like that.

I keep waiting for that long lost rich relative to die and leave me millions.  Or for that Powerball number to come up in my favor.  But ... I have no secret rich relatives (Ancestry.com has seen to that), and I have to play to win.  To date, I have never purchased a Powerball ticket.  Sigh.  And honestly, I don't want to be rich.  I just want my bills paid and enough money that if I need a new A/C unit, or a new fridge, or something like that, I can get it.  Without having to worry that it will bankrupt me. 

I know I am not alone in those thoughts.  And I also know that I am so very fortunate to have so much more than so many others.  So I try to keep my thoughts in check, my dreams in perspective, my wants under control.  I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, a job to go to, food on my table, healthy family.  I am blessed.

I am also pissed off that I am not a descendant of the Vanderbilt family.  Seriously.  Have you seen Biltmore?  I want to live there.  Just in the library.

Also, POF is very anti cat.  To amuse myself, I occasionally mention that maybe we should get a cat.  The trauma this creates amuses me to no end.  He will shudder.  And retch.  And cringe.  It fills my little black heart with evil glee to do it.  I know I am kidding.  I am not sure that he knows I am kidding.  You think by now he would realize I just say it to get a rise out of him.  If I REALLY want to make him crazy, after mentioning cats, I suggest we get a bird.  Heh.  Chaos ensues. 

See?  Nothing to say, and plenty said.  I amaze myself.  Also, I should be working.  This is quality abuse of company time, right here.  Shhhhhhh ... don't tell.  (Not that it would matter.  I will end up ratting myself out to the boss, like I usually do.  I have Catholic guilt.  And I am not even Catholic)

Time to earn my pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment